Saturday, March 20

buttermilk pancakes

Three years ago, Honey compiled her favorite recipes in beautiful, handcrafted books and gifted them to her grandchildren for Christmas. It's one of my go-to cookbooks and I've been adding my personal Honey favorites to the empty pages.
I love the freckles on brown eggs...
Yes, you spy bacon!  Whip up the egg:
This morning, I added a little mashed banana to the mix:
Honey always mixes her dry ingredients on a piece of wax paper with a fork, eliminating a bite with too much baking powder.

Add the dry mix to the egg, then the buttermilk and oil:
Blend with a whisk, but fight the urge to over stir! This leads to tough pancakes. Let it rest for a few minutes while your pan warms.
I used a cast iron griddle, but any pan will do. Heat to medium-low, throw in a little butter to coat the pan, and drop in the batter. The pancakes need about three minutes on each side, but it's time to flip when bubbles form around the edges.
Fluffy yumminess :) I could eat these for breakfast every morning!


Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon oil

No comments:

Post a Comment